Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oisin McConville

Oisin McConville of Crossmaglenn Rangers has played 102 senior club championship games. He has scored in them all. He has played in 13 county finals in a row (I think Cross. has won them all)and Oisin has been 'man of the match' in six. (Info. per Barney Supple).

In the back of my mind there are these great run of wins by Clubs in county championships such as we had ourselves in Roscommon, Clann na Gael who won 6 in a row, at least (as my record ends after the six in 1989) and 11 of 14 betweeen '76 and '90. Elphin appeared 10 finals in a row between 1948 and '57 winning 5.
Teams from the Ballymurray/Knockcroghery featured in 11 finals between 1939 and 1951 winning 6.
Tarmon, Castlerea, featured in 9 finals between 1934 and 1947 winning 6.

I imagine there are similar records in other counties. I am thinking of the great Cavan Club Cornafean etc. Can anyone enlighten me? T.C.

No comments: