Friday, June 17, 2011

Fri. 11.12am


Big day in St. Joseph's Boys N.S. today Friday.

Two big games in the Abbey Park tomorrow evening Sat. We need plenty of stewards. Ml. Furey is looking after that. If anyone can spare a half an hour from 5 on give me a bell at 086 816 33 99 and I'll pass it on.

I was in the park a couple of times in the last week and the parking there is chaotic and may be even dangerous. People need to park in a more rational way if we are not to reintroduce the restriction on cars coming in there altogether, which would be a pity but....

I've said this numerous times but the blue bin is for recycling, the green bins are for garbage. Empty the bottles please before disposal. The bins are sometimes as if there were concrete blocks inside them with all the water in the bottles. It's the little things which knaw at the nerve ends!


Well done to Ros. on Sunday, nice pass from Seanie to Devaney, the icing on the cake. A Srpringly big crowd considering the weather and the exhorbitant prices. The Connacht Council are not willing to lsten to delegate compaints on that. They'll lose a goodwill before they change, then too late. One has to feel for Leitrim and its supporters. One of the first Connacht C'Ship games I remember was Leitrim V Galway in St. Coman's Park 57/58 when Packie McGarty was in his prime and blacguarded that day by a Galwy defender as far as I remember.

I am still loking for the H.J.Feely Cup which can only be gone out in the last four years or so. Obviously the person involved is not a reader of this col.

I didn't happen to give a book called 'Giants of Gaelic Football' by Sean Og O'Ceallachain to any reader? It is not surfacing in my archive!
Tadgh your adopted city really takes getting defeated seriously!!

No comments: