Friday, February 17, 2012

Fri. 2 pm. ALERT.....Sorry for the delay in posting this. We must get to 'streaming' when we can. T.C.


*******BOYLE G.A.A. MINOR CLUB REGISTRATION EVENING*******

Minor Club Registration for boys who wish to play football for Boyle in 2012 will take place in the GAA Club House on next Monday evening February 20th 2012 as follows:

Boys under 12 years (born 2001 and 2000) at 6.45p.m. to 8.00 p.m.
Boys under 14 years (born 1999 and 1998) at 7.15 p.m. to 8.15 p.m.

Each child must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Registration fee will remain as at 2011 level. First time Registrations must have their Original Birth Certificate (long version).


This is my last word on the GUM SHIELD advocacy..this...


Congratulations to the Community Games Quiz team which includes some GAA heads..Messrs Flanagan, Meehan & co. They are a top quiz team so keep at it. There is a Junior Mastermind coming on stream on BBC I presume.


Congrats Chris O'Dowd on his I.F.T.A. win and being a presenter at the B.A.F.T.A.s. Chris was a regular top member of Boyle, St. Mary's GAA, and Boyle Celtic teams through all the under-age levels. Chris also played County U 16 and minor and would have been a 'county senior contender' were he in a position to continue playing. So he had a number of strings to his bow. The best of luck to him.

A Boyle clubman had an idea re. restriciting the GAA management mercenary ethos. Let the parish rule apply in that only club people can manage their own club teams ...no outside managers. I presume he feels this could extend to counties also.


I didn't hear anything from the Minor AGM which was to have been held on Wednesday night.


Our Dublin sister/brother club 'The Dark Force' had an impressive win last week end.


I get all kinds of emails from GAA establishments re. services like nets/goalposts. scoreboards/week-ends away!/ jerseys/ psychological services! and so on....if anyone wants thes forwarded to them let me know.

Co. Under 16 trials tomorrow I think...if anyone wants these notices I'll forward same but I imagine the subjects are connected to the postings.

We wish St. Brigid's the best of luck tomorrow. St. Brigid's are not just a club but an organisation as they say in the States.

Ciaran Conlon/Seamie if you read this, post me, as I seem to have trouble with your email adresses.

Sin e I think. We hope to be Face Book active soon.

T.C.







No comments: