Wednesday, February 2, 2011

It is a thing with me and I referred to it when I was contributing to the Roscommon People. It is the respect for the national flag. On looking through Sean's 'photos on flickr' on realboyle I came across a picture of a flag in an inapproriate state in our town. I had seen it in actuality anyway. The picture shows the flag just draped/abandoned on the roof a very public building, i.e.‘The Courthouse’. Obviously this arose from a broken raising cord or some such malfunction. However it is not right that it be left like that. Many people gave a lot to secure a national flag. Perhaps it is emblematic of where we are as a country, pretty broken.
Could some legal eagle not have the position corrected?
There is an interesting letter in this week's 'The Roscommon Herald'. It is from a lady attending the Michael Glavey's Presentation Dinner and how she felt the ladies team had not received the regard they deserved. I mention it on the basis that we ensure, in Boyle GAA, that we don't make similar mistakes.
Sermon concludes.

No comments: