Thursday, September 1, 2011


(Click on photo above to view a larger version...)

A quick post. I told you (so) this was going to be a game not to miss and so it transpired. The minors had a fine win over Roscommon Gaels at the Abbey Park last evening. I attended a cracking U 16 game in Elphin on Sat. but this was even better as a nail biting classic with fine football by both sides and a Boyle win with the dream late goal. Hopefully I'll get back to this tonight but in the meantime well done to all involved. This was just the quarter final and there are other big obstacles to climb. I felt that the crowd (though there were a lot of Gaels fans also) and the Abbey Park played a significant role.
The Ladies had a fine win over old rivals Western Gaels on Tuesday evening. They got off to a bad start. I had to leave and I was very pleasantly surprised with the turn of events and the Ladies win.
The Walk to Croker was launched last night with Willie Hegarty, John Joe Nerney, Fergal O'Donnell, Aidan, Sinead O'Donohoe, Kieran Supple, Donal Smith, Seamus Nugent and a good and enthusiastic gathering.
Roch any pic. of the Oz team?
I'm off to the Abbey.


No comments: