Friday, September 9, 2011

Sat. 11am. 'The day dawns with scent ofmust and rain...

Below my window the awakening trees

Hacked clean for better bearing, stand defaced

Suffering their brute necessities,

And how should the flesh not quail that span for span

Is mutilated more? In slow distate

I fold my towel with what grace I can

Not young and not renewable, but man.'

(Mirror in February by Thomas Kinsella)


I miss Ciarain Mac Mathuna's 'Mo Cheoil Thu' on Sunday mornings.


I hope to give reports on the two big games below by, say, 9pm ish! So if you wish tune in then! (I am constantly using exclamation marks. As Sean O'Dowd sometimes says oops!). By the way there are fine sets of pics. on realboyle' flickr on the happenings of the week including the fine concert of last Wednesday which demonstrated-again-the plentiful and varied talent of the region.


Friday 11.30pm.

'Today is the tomorrow we worried about yesterday and all is well'.


The U 16 County 'A' Final, Boyle v Clann na Gael, is at 4, in Strokestown's new pitch, near the secondary school, on the Tulsk Road.

Boyle Intermediates v St. Dominick's in the Co. Semi-Final at 6.

No comments: